Childwall Table and Chair hire Ltd and are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.childwalltable.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Erika Swensson of 48 Jamaica Street, Liverpool, L1 0AF.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us.You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.childwalltable.co.uk or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site or on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, but you may also supply information such as bank details, debit and credit card information and photographs if we supply equipment for your event.
- Information we collect about you.Regarding each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information our system may be capable of compiling but which we do not access, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources.
- We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, suppliers associated with your event, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- Suppliers to your event may pass contact details to us in connection to your event
- Personal Data may be supplied to Childwall Table and Chair Hire Ltd via Third-party referral. You will have agreed to their data sharing policy when you agreed to use the site. We will endeavour to identify the source of the referral when we contact you this would, as a rule, be a firm in a liken trade to ours
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that you have requested information on;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services if you have requested information on a range of goods or services which we do not supply.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) to ask for references on the quality of our service, to ask for feedback on the service we or other suppliers gave for your event.
- The Company does not sell data to Third Party Companies. Should you receive sales calls or emails which purport to come via Childwall Table and Chair Hire Ltd, please contact the office immediately by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 0151 708 0294
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- For Contact purposes for the management of your event or manufacturing process. Staff will use address and telephone details for the installation /collection of equipment and goods
- Data will be held in accordance with legal requirements for HMRC
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. This will be primarily to enable your event to run smoothly. Information from Credit reference agencies, if used and from other regulatory bodies will help to protect the company from potential fraud & loss of income on events
We may share your personal information with any member of our company, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Childwall Table and Chair Hire Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- All information provided is stored on a Secure server or computers based at our Unit or in the cloud
- Paper copy – stored in the office at 48 Jamaica Street, Liverpool, L1 0AF.
Paper copy of Name, address and telephone contact take to and from the site during the event
- Payments taken via a Card terminal are currently processed with SSL technology and a virtual terminal at our premises. Paper receipts are destroyed on a 2 monthly basis once the transaction is fully complete and statemented by the Company. The company supplying this service may be operating outside of the EU but we will always take steps to ensure that the supplier is operating within the remit of the EU GDPR regulations
- Paper records of quotes and hired destroyed or deleted after 7 years unless an event is a longstanding recurring event in which case past details of hires will be kept until no longer useful or the event ceases to run. Quotes for events which do not go ahead will be deleted on an annual basis.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will never use your personal data for marketing purposes.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request is free for the first request and an administration fee of £15 plus VAT is applied to subsequent requests to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We have on-site cameras which are for our own security purposes but have registered as required with ICO
Staff Data is held secured within files at our offices and only accessed by senior management.
Weekly/Monthly. Wages are processed externally by our Accountants who have their own GDPR policy in place and are fully compliant with the HMRC